Sunday, August 9, 2009

Making Shirts

At the time, "making shirts" is all I had to go on and I really did not know what that entailed. So I purchased a book," How to Start a Clothing Line" by Jay Arrington(never buy this book or any of his books). It gave a generalized version of the process one needs to go through to start a clothing line, very generalized. I adhered to this book like it was the Bible, following the suggestions, highlighting, and applying to my situation, nothing clicked. I went on to purchase the Pantone Color Guide, fashion design software, a fabric swatch book, and a production design book, total $600.00, which was a waste of money. I toyed with the design software, began taking measurements on shirts, and began crafting a brand. Initially, the clothing line was called Maxwell Scott, but a luggage company in Europe already had the name, so I scrapped it. This is about the time that I realized that I am not a designer, the whole process frustrated me. So I shelved the books and software and went looking for a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment